Skip to main content

What Can I burn on my property?


Inside a city or village, persons are permitted to burn clean, seasoned firewood or equivalent as long as the stack does not exceed 2 ft. high x 3 ft. wide.
Agricultural wastes and plant matter may be burned only if the burn is located more than 1000 feet from neighbor’s inhabited building and you must notify the EPA in advance.
You may not burn: land clearing waste or residential waste.
Contact the Upper Sandusky Fire Department for further information or questions at (419) 294-3322.